Here you go Nanny, a photo showing where Harris’s teeth fell out from. Can’t believe he lost two in one week – the first in Mandan, North Dakota when he was 9 and the second in Waterton Lake, Canada when he was 10! What a busy week!
When we announced we were going to travel around the world for 12 months with our two sons aged 5 and 9, most people first asked us if we won the lotto and then the next question was “What about school?” To be honest this was the least of my concerns given the list of things to do to leave Australia for 12 months was very long. Most people made comments about what a...
I’ve been in Asia for 4 months and have been to Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Taiwan and China. There are millions of people on motorbikes in these countries because they are cheap, small and can swerve in and out of busy traffic. As they don’t have cars they carry all sorts of crazy stuff on their motorbikes. Here is my list of some things I’ve seen...
When we were in Nha Trang, Vietnam Dad and I went parasailing. The tandem parasail for Dad and I cost 600,000 VND ($30).
Cu Chi Tunnels are a complex of tunnels, over 200 km long and like a spiderweb; that the Viet Cong used in the Vietnam War to fight the US Army. I went there on a bus with my Dad and Patrick. The bus ride was about 1 1/2 hours long to get to Cu Chi Tunnels from Ho Chi Minh City.
I’ve seen a lot of jobs this month that I wouldn’t want to do. I want to go university or I might end up being a:
- Toilet attendant (collect money so people can go to the toilet then clean the toilets);
- Car jockey (people stand on the side of the road in Jakarta and you pay them to hop in your car so you can drive in the lane for cars with 3 or more passengers);
So far on our trip through Indonesia, Malaysia and Cambodia I have eaten lots of different food and drink. Here is a list of things I have eaten.
- Mango chicken and rice – 8/10
- Roti Tissue – 7/10
- Roti Cani plus curry – 9/10
- Lok Lak (chicken) – 7/10 at Frizz Restaurant
- J.Co glazy donut – 10/10
- Kit Kat Cornetto – 11/10!
- Red bean steamed bun – 0/10 (Dad loves them)
- Lotus paste...